Tuesday 1 July 2014

Cranberry, White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies

Now, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but the other day I made some delicious cookies (toot! toot!), so I thought I'd share the recipe with you! I actually followed the BBC Good Food recipe for chocolate chip cookies, but substituted the chocolate chips for macadamia nuts, cranberries and some white chocolate, just to mix it up a little bit. Hope you enjoy this post, I certainly enjoyed making and eating these cookies :)



Ingredients
125g softened butter
100g soft light brown sugar
125g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract 
½ tsp salt
125g macadamia nut/cranberry mix
100g white chocolate, broken into rough chunks (and maybe a bit extra to eat as you go along...)






Method


1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan oven 160°C/ gas mark 4

2. Measure out both sugars, flour, nuts, cranberries and chocolate (you don't need all of these straight away, but it's a huge pain measuring dry ingredients after you've measured softened butter!)

3. Combine the butter and sugars, and mix, mix, mix! I used a KitchenAid, but a good ol' wooden spoon works just as well.

4. Add the egg and vanilla extract.

5. Sift in the flour (preferably not all at once-it'll make a mess) and salt.

6. Add the macadamias, cranberries, and white chocolate chunks.


7. The recipe I followed said to roll the dough into walnut-sized balls, or into one big sausage to slice, to that them look neater... I actually found that the rougher bunch that I made looked nicer, and they looked homemade and rustic. 

8. Place your little lumps (?) on to a baking sheet covered tray, and place in the oven. I baked mine for about 7-8 minutes, until the edges were just going golden, because I like them to be all gooey and soft.


9. Take them out of the oven, and leave them for a few minutes before (carefully) moving them onto a wire cooling rack.

10. Enjoy (preferably while they're still warm, and with a hot drink or glass of milk-perfection!)






Tweet me a picture if you make these, I'd love to see them! And I'm always looking to bake new things, so I'd love to hear any recipes you have! Thanks for reading :)



No comments:

Post a Comment