Sunday 22 June 2014

Spring Beauty Favourites

I realised I'm a little late in the month for May favourites, so I thought for my first favourites post I'd review the things I've been loving throughout Spring! Hope you like it!

[image from here]


First of all, I have been absolutely loving Soap & Glory these past few months! I've loved them for a few years now, but recently I've noticed that I've been using them a lot more than usual. The brand is a favourite in itself, and I can't talk about every single product  because we'd be here for hours, plus I've not really had a chance to fully try out some of them out yet-let's face it, they'll most likely feature in my next favourites post!

Hand Food 
I am obsessed with this hand cream! It smells uh-mazing, and is their 'Original Pink' scent, containing shea butter, macadamia oil, and marshmallow. Yep, marshmallow! It comes in two sizes, this big one and a handy (sorry) mini-version, though I actually just carry around this huge one. This leads nicely on to my next favourite... 

Hand Maid
Another great hand product, though I actually tend to use this before applying my beloved Hand Food. This is a travel-sized hand sanitiser, which I bought to take on the airplane with me for a recent holiday, and it really did the job. It soaks in really quickly, leaves your hands smelling fruity and delicious, and it doesn't sting too much if you accidentally rub it into any small cuts you forgot you had, like other sanitisers tend to (you all know that feeling *shudders*).

Clean on Me Shower Gel 
If, like me, you don't like to use something that's too highly scented in the shower, then this is for you. If smells clean, without smelling soapy, and it stays on your skin long enough to feel as though it's actually doing something.


Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil
This has changed my eyebrows completely. As someone with thick, dark hair and fairly bristly brows, I've really struggled to find a product that filled in the gaps without either looking too dark or too light, but Soap and Glory have absolutely nailed it! It's quick and easy, and, most importantly, pretty darn fool-proof! I have the shade Brownie Point, and though it's not to light for me, it isn't too dark for a friend I have with much lighter hair.


[images from here]

Okay, enough about Soap & Glory. Another brand that's had the coveted thumbs up recently is Dove; I'd never used any of their hair products before, and I actually stumbled upon both of these by accident, but I've not looked back since!

The first is the Dove Dry Shampoo - having only discovered dry shampoo a year or two ago (I know, I know), I'm fairly new to the game, so I tended to stick with the classic Batiste, but Dove have opened my eyes to a whole to world of freshness that I didn't even know existed! This stuff doesn't leave that annoying white powder in your hair, which, as someone with dark hair, I can never seem to get rid of; it leaves your hair just feeling uplifted and airy, and not at all matted or dry. Plus, it doesn't have that tell-tale dry shampoo smell - it actually smells quite nice!


My second favourite from Dove is their Volume Boost Shampoo & Conditioner combo. This is basically just really nice, and a total joy to use - I took it on holiday, and my boyfriend loved it so much that he asked to keep the shampoo! So, it gets the male seal of approval - that counts for something, right?


Snaps for you if you've made it this far (I've tried not to drone on too much, seeing as this is my first proper beauty post, and all)! My last Spring Beauty Favourite is by no means least - it's the Real Techniques Limited Edition Modern Natural Palette. I was sooo excited when this was released, and literally went straight online to order it - for only £14, how could I not? It's an absolutely perfect palette, with three gorgeous shimmery shades - champagne, bronzy-gold, and a cooler greyish-purple - and one matte light brown, so you can create loads of looks. There is also a brown gel eyeliner, which is lovely if you want to line your eyes but don't want the harshness of a black liner, a lovely blush shade, perfect cream highlighter, and two lipglosses. Now, I'm not one for lipgloss (is anyone really a fan of getting wisps of hair stuck to their lips?), but these two are lovely- they're not sticky, and they're perfect either on their own, or over your favourite lip colour. Well done Sam and Nic - a great palette!




I hope you've enjoyed reading some of my Spring Beauty Favourites; I've certainly enjoyed using them! 
What are your spring favourites so far? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment