Saturday 9 August 2014

The Liebster Award!


I was lucky enough to have been nominated by the lovely Nicole from Fashion and Beauty for the Liebster Award! If you're unfamiliar with this award, then you can find a brilliant explanation of it here, and although there are a number of rules flying about the blogosphere regarding this award, here they are as I know them:  
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

Questions provided by Nicole (you can read her post here):

 1. What is your favourite quote?
"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" - Roald Dahl

2. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
Even though I've not reached it yet, I think somewhere in my mid-late twenties - I feel like I'll be in my prime then!

3. If you knew the world was ending in 2015, what would you do differently?
Make sure that everyone I love knows how much I love them, and spend all my time with them.

4. What is your favourite meal?
Pizza (so it's a really shame I have a lactose issue!)

5. What inspired you to become a blogger?
I've always loved both beauty and writing, so I've always wanted to get into something that combined both of those loves, but also, I've been really inspired over the past years by how much influence beauty bloggers etc can have... since becoming a blogger by eyes have really been opened to the wonderful world of fellow bloggers, and the new friendships that can be formed through it :)

6. Heels or flats?
Well, I always think a night out (or a fancy outfit) isn't complete without a pair of heels, but for day to day life I would always say flats.

7. What are your hobbies?
Reading, singing, baking, playing with the dogs.

8. What is your all time favourite movie?
Either 10 Things I Hate About You or Lilo & Stitch.

9. Something you cannot live without?
Aside from my family/boyfriend/friends/dogs, I think I'd have to say sugar... I just can't resist treats and snacks!

10. What’s the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
I don't think I have any - I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to skincare and moisturising, etc. 

11. What’s one of your nervous habits?
I do this weird twitchy thing with my fingers, I've done it since I was really young.

11 Random Facts about me:

1 I drive a blue Polo called Ralph
2 I have a fear/immense hatred of velvet and celery
3 Apple products make me ridiculously hyperactive
4 I really love swimming, but can't stand the sea
5 I can't get enough of pastel colours
6 My birthday is February 16th
7 My beautiful border collie Jenny is 15 - we've had her since I was six years old!
8 This year I've seen McBusted and Dolly Parton - amazing!
9 I really love manatees (sea cows)
10 In recent months, my feet have shrunk from a 6 to a 5...
11 I'm weirdly good at folding paper

My Nominees

Anne Maria Barney
Kat from Lagerfeld Love
Sasha Hope
Grace from Style, Art and Grace
Jenny and Emma from JenEms
Victoria Explains It All
Darrian from The Anxiety Girl
Anita from The Sunday Girl
Rosie from Pudding N' Pie
Jessica from Moss & Mink
Page by Paige

11 Questions for My Nominees

1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
2. Do you have any tattoos?
3. Shimmery or matte eyeshadow?
4. What is your go-to hairstyle?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. Where would you love to visit, and why?
7. What is your dream job?
8. Who inspires you?
9. What is your pet hate?
10. Do you have a favourite dessert?
11. What is your favourite book?


Don't forget to send me the link to your posts! I look forward to reading your answers :)

Thank you again to Nicole for nominating me!


8 comments:

  1. Matilda! Thank you so much for nominating me! That is the sweetest thing! I sincerely appreciate it and look forward to answer your questions! I'll let you know when the post is up. (Probably in a few hours!) thanks so much sweetie!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no worries! Yeah definitely let me know, I'm excited to read your answers :) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me Matilda!! I can't wait to answer your questions!
    xo,
    Grace
    http://styleartandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem lovely! Looking forward to reading them :) x

      Delete
  3. Here's the link! I just posted it :) http://victoriaaexplainsitall.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-2014-liebster-award.html Hope you enjoy it! Thanks again for choosing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason it won't let me comment on your post, but I love your responses to my questions :) Thank you for answering them :) x

      Delete
  4. Thank you for completing the tag! I loved your 11 random facts! It was awesome to get to know a little bit more about you! Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me! :) Ah thank you, I really enjoyed answering your questions :) x

      Delete